The Day I Realized My Bank Balance
Was Lying to Me.
The notification popped up on my
phone.
"Salary Credited."
Like every month, I smiled.
Within a few minutes, I had
already planned where the money would go.
Rent.
Bills.
Family expenses.
A little shopping.
And whatever was left...
Straight into my savings account.
I felt proud every single month.
My savings were growing.
My bank balance looked healthy.
I thought I was winning.
But I wasn't.
A few months later, I met an old
college friend for coffee.
We had started our careers around
the same time.
Our salaries weren't very
different.
Yet something about him had
changed.
He wasn't worried about money
anymore.
Meanwhile, I was still calculating
every expense before spending.
I finally asked him,
"What's your secret?
He smiled.
"No secret."
“I stop saving money and began
acquiring wealth.”
That night, I did not sleep.
I opened my banking app again.
The balance looked good.
But suddenly, it didn't feel
impressive anymore.
A strange thought crossed my mind.
If my savings are increasing every
month... why doesn't my life feel any different?
For the first time, I realized
something.
My money wasn't growing.
It was just sitting there.
The next few weeks turned into an
obsession.
Every evening after work, I
searched for different investment options.
Stocks.
Mutual funds.
Gold.
Fixed deposits.
Real estate.
The more I learned, the more
confused I became.
One option seemed too risky.
Another required too much money.
And real estate?
That dream disappeared the moment
I saw the prices.
Crores.
Crores everywhere.
I closed my laptop.
"This isn't for people like
me."
Or so I thought.
A few days later, while scrolling
through my phone, one headline caught my attention.
What if you could own premium
commercial real estate without buying the whole property?
I laughed.
"Nice marketing."
Still...
Curiosity made me click.
That click changed everything.
I discovered something called
**Fractional Ownership**.
The idea was surprisingly simple.
Instead of buying an entire
commercial property by a single person its better to if multiple investors own
shares of it.
Each person invests according to
their capacity and owns a fraction of the asset.
For the first time, premium
commercial real estate didn't seem like an impossible dream.
Or so I thought.
A few days later, while scrolling
through my phone, one headline caught my attention.
What if you could own premium
commercial real estate without buying the whole property?
I laughed.
"Nice marketing."
Still...
Curiosity made me click.
That click changed everything.
I discovered something called
**Fractional Ownership**.
The idea was surprisingly simple.
Instead of one person buying an
entire commercial property, multiple investors own shares of it.
Each person invests according to
their capacity and owns a fraction of the asset.
For the first time, premium
commercial real estate didn't seem like an impossible dream.
It felt... achievable.
I kept reading.
Professionals manage the property.
If rental income generated, then the it will be shared among
co-owners based on their ownership.
The property may also appreciate
over time, depending on market conditions.
It wasn't magic.
It wasn't a shortcut.
It was simply another way to
participate in commercial real estate.
And suddenly, I understood why
more people were talking about it.
Then I noticed something even
bigger.
The richest people weren't
becoming wealthy because they earned more.
They became wealthy because they
made their money work while they focused on living their lives.
That realization completely
changed my mindset.
For years, I had celebrated every
rupee I saved.
Now I started asking a different
question.
Where is this money working for
me?
That question changed everything.
Today, I still save money.
Saving gives me peace of mind.
But I no longer expect savings
alone to create wealth.
I now understand the difference.
Savings protect today's money.
Investments have the power to
build future's wealth.
That question changed everything.
Today, I still save money.
Saving gives me peace of mind.
But I no longer expect savings
alone to create wealth.
I now understand the difference.
Savings protect today's money.
Investments have the potential to
build tomorrow's wealth.
Fractional ownership became one of
the investment best option.
I explored because it gives access to
commercial real estate without buying of full property.
This story was never really about
real estate.
It wasn't even about money.
It was about changing one belief.
I spent years thinking that a
growing bank balance meant I was getting richer.
The truth?
A bigger bank balance doesn't
always mean greater wealth.
Sometimes, real wealth begins the
moment you stop asking,
How much have I saved?
And start asking,
"How can my money grow over
time?"
That one question didn't just
change my investments.
It changed the way to think about
my future.
Final Thoughts
Everyone's financial journey is different, and no investment
is right for everyone.
Fractional ownership is best option that allows investors to
participate in commercial real estate with a less entry point than buying an
entire property. With every investment, it is very important to understand the
risks, research carefully, and make decisions that align with your financial
goals.
Because sometimes...
The biggest plot twist in life isn't earning more money.
It's learning how to make your money work for you.
No comments:
Post a Comment